2020 is the third annual Tour de Gem Dayton Cycling Classic, presented by Kettering Health Network. Tour de Gem is a fundraising cycling event for local nonprofits to raise money and bring awareness to their important missions. This is a fun, family-friendly way for cyclists of all ages and abilities to have a positive impact in their community and explore the many Gems Dayton has to offer. In just 2 years, we have already raised over $160,000 for 60+ nonprofits!
Now, more than ever, area nonprofits have a great need to use the Tour de Gem as a source of generating operating funds. The impact of the coronavirus has put a strain on the resources of our local charities. Tour de Gem provides a ready to use, fully planned and supported event for nonprofits to plug in to.
Adapting to COVID-19:
To ensure the safety of participating bike riders and volunteers, the Tour de Gem Planning Committee has canceled the in-person group ride but will continue its mission to raise funds for area nonprofits by having a VIRTUAL RIDE.
How Does It Work?
Area nonprofits register teams. Participants select the team they want to support. Participants fundraise a minimum of $150. Instead of an in-person ride, participants will have a two-week window (August 21 - September 6) to ride their preferred distance/route or participate using a stationary/spin bike. When participants have completed their ride, whether it is outside or on an indoor bike, they are eligible for our 7 challenges. Click here for more information on the Virtual Ride.
- Dayton Strong - Top individual fundraiser
- Spread the Love - Top fundraising team
- Give It Some Time - Most time spent on a bike within the two-week window
- Put in the Miles - Most miles ridden during the two-week window
- Tour of the Gems - Most photos with the Dayton Gems listed on our site
- The Century Challenge - Participants who ride 100+ miles during the two-week window
- The 500 Club - Participants who ride 500+ miles during the two-week window
Participants will also receive awards for fundraising $500 and $1,000.