What is the Virtual Ride Challenge?
You can learn all about the Virtual Ride Challenge here.
How do I use Strava?
Please note: you must first be registered for the Tour de Gem to participate in our Strava clubs.
Once you have registered and joined our Tour de Gem Club, your activity will be automatically uploaded when using Strava to track your mileage and routes. As a club member, you can also view leader boards, club activity, other members' activity, and club posts.
Strava is compatible with many devices, including smart phones and watches, Fitbit, Peloton, and more. To learn how to integrate your device with the Strava app, please click on the below links:
Please visit Strava's Help & Support Portal if you have additional devices you are looking to sync.
Do I have to use Strava if I want to participate?
Nope! You are able to ride October 10th without downloading Strava. If you would like to be eligible to win prizes from the Virtual Ride Challenge, you will need to download and use Strava. We are happy to walk you through the process of getting set up. To join the Strava team, click here.
What are the prizes for the Virtual Ride Challenge?
- Put in the Miles (most miles ridden during 9/24-10/10) - $100 SVG Motors service card
- Give It Some Time (most time spent on the bike during 9/24-10/10) - $100 Dorothy Lane Market Gift Card
- Tour the Gems (pictures with the most Gems during 9/24-10/10) - Dayton themed gift basket, including $50 Mama DiSalvo's gift card and a City BBQ Family Meal Pack
- Century Challenge (riding 100+ miles during 9/24-10/10) - $100 K&G Bike Shop gift card
- 500 Club (500+ miles ridden during 9/24-10/10) - Tour de Gem riding jersey
- Dayton Strong (top individual fundraiser) - Party bus voucher, gold Tour de Gem riding jersey, and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- Spread the Love (top team fundraiser) - The Plaza Theatre private screening voucher, Tour de Gem riding jersey, and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- $500+ fundraised - 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- $1,000+ fundraised - Tour de Gem riding jersey and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
How do I join a team?
To join a non-profit team, just select the "REGISTER" button and choose the option to “Join a non-profit team”. Additional family/team members can be added by selecting the green "Add Another Registrant" button during Step 3. After your registration is complete you can customize your personal fundraising page by selecting the "Fundraising Page Set Up" button at the top of the online receipt.
What if the team I want to ride for isn’t on the list?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to start your own team or continue reading!
How do I start my own team?
To start a non-profit team, just select the "REGISTER" button and choose the option to “Start a non-profit team”. After you complete registration you can customize your team fundraising page by selecting the "Fundraising Page Set Up" button at the top of the online receipt. Please note: Make sure to provide your username and password when prompted during the first step registration to have access to your team and donor information from last year or request that your credentials are sent to your email address. Click here for instructions.
How much does registration cost?
Adult In-Person Rider - $35 (Adult In-Person Rider 18+, includes t-shirt) Fee will increase to $50 on 8-31-21.
Youth In-Person Rider - $15 (Youth In-Person Rider Ages 12-18, includes t-shirt) Fee will increase to $25 on 8-31-21.
Child In-Person Rider - free (Child In-Person Rider under 12, includes t-shirt)
Adult Virtual Rider - $35 (Adult Virtual Rider 18+, includes t-shirt) Fee will increase to $50 on 8-31-21.
Youth Virtual Rider - $15 (Youth Virtual Rider Ages 12-18, includes t-shirt) Fee will increase to $25 on 8-31-21.
Child Virtual Rider - free (Child Virtual Rider under 12, includes t-shirt)
Fundraise Only - free (Fundraise for your Nonprofit, t-shirt is not included)
What is the fundraising minimum?
The fundraising minimum is $150 per person. That is only $10 from 15 friends! Fore more information on reaching your fundraising goals, check out our Fundraising Tips. You will not be charged on ride day if you have not hit the fundraising minimum.
What time does the ride start?
The in-person ride will begin at 8am on October 10th.
Where should I park on ride day?
There are several parking garages and street parking options. Metered parking will be free the day of the ride. Here is a map of the parking options:
You can find more information about parking in downtown Dayton here.
What is the safety protocol for the ride?
We will be regularly updating the safety protocol here.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
You can email email@example.com or call (937) 471-1190.