Virtual Ride Challenge
This year we are offering both an in-person and virtual ride options!
Virtual Ride Challenge Instructions
- Register as a rider. If you are registered for the in-person ride on October 10th, you are automatically eligible to participate in the Virtual Ride Challenge.
- Join the Tour de Gem Strava Club. If you are an existing member, login to Strava, select “Explore/Clubs” from the main navigation menu. Enter “Tour de Gem” in the search field, and select “Join Club.” To join the Tour de Gem Strava Club, click here.
- Track your progress. Once you have registered and joined our Tour de Gem Club, your activity will be automatically uploaded when using Strava to track your mileage and routes. As a club member, you can also view leader boards, club activity, other members' activity, and club posts. You must actively use the app in order for your progress to be tracked.
- Win prizes! After October 10th, we will announce the winners for our Virtual Ride Challenge. Our prizes are listed below.
Take a photo with as many of the Gems as possible and post the picture on Facebook. You must tag @DaytonTourdeGem to be eligible to win. The first person with the most Gems will win a Dayton themed gift basket, including $50 Mama DiSalvo's gift card and a City BBQ Family Meal Pack!
Note: Not all of these Gems are easily accessible by your bike or are currently open to the public. Please check their website before your visit.
How do I use Strava?
Please note: you must first be registered for the Tour de Gem to participate in our Strava clubs.
Strava is compatible with many devices, including smart phones and watches, Fitbit, Peloton, and more. To learn how to integrate your device with the Strava app, please click on the below links:
Please visit Strava's Help & Support Portal if you have additional devices you are looking to sync.
Virtual Ride Challenge Prizes
- Put in the Miles (most miles ridden during 9/24-10/10) - $100 SVG Motors service card
- Give It Some Time (most time spent on the bike during 9/24-10/10) - $100 Dorothy Lane Market Gift Card
- Tour the Gems (pictures with the most Gems during 9/24-10/10) - Dayton themed gift basket, including $50 Mama DiSalvo's gift card and a City BBQ Family Meal Pack
- Century Challenge (riding 100+ miles during 9/24-10/10) - $100 K&G Bike Shop gift card
- 500 Club (500+ miles ridden during 9/24-10/10) - Tour de Gem riding jersey
- Dayton Strong (top individual fundraiser) - Party bus voucher, gold Tour de Gem riding jersey, and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- Spread the Love (top team fundraiser) - The Plaza Theatre private screening voucher, Tour de Gem riding jersey, and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- $500+ fundraised - 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
- $1,000+ fundraised - Tour de Gem riding jersey and 2021 commemorative poster signed by Stephen Wright
Have questions? Email email@example.com!