Funds raised through the efforts of the Rampy MS Research Foundation from the Kids Splash & Dash, Open Water Swim Challenge, Team Endurance for MS and Trifest for MS activities go to fuel research in the US. Below are the highlights of our footprint as of today.
- Support 20% of the MS research at UAMS in Little Rock, AR in the Rampy MS Research Lab
- Support the work of two research doctors and two clinical doctors doing part-time research
- Five year commitment to raise $250,000 began in 2013
- Foundation will embark on new grant model in 2018 to award scholarships and grants to leading scientist in the US through grant submission process
- Research has been able to reproduce the MS gene in animal model
- Research currently in trial in animal model to isolate the most common proteolipid protein in MS patients