Furniture Bank of Central Ohio's 2023 Bed Race
About The Bed Race:
Help restore homes and hope for local families in empty houses at the 2023 Bed Race presented by Sauder on Saturday Oct. 14th! This fun-for-all event aims to crown a team worthy of Bed Race Champion and raise $75,000 to fully furnish 300 FAMILIES' HOMES! So stop by and watch the FUN!
How It Works:
- Local businesses, families, friends, and individuals form teams of 5 people, four racers and one rider, to race a twin bed on wheels across two 50-yard race tracks at Easton Town Center!
- Teams also dress up and decorate their beds with a creative theme to participate in the Team Parade and also compete for Best Dressed!
- Teams directly help furnish their neighbors’ homes by fundraising amongst their friends, family, and colleagues. (Don’t worry, we make it easy!). With a suggested minimum goal of $500 per team, you and your racers will fund and serve TWO families with a houseful of furniture and hope!
- SPECTATORS WELCOME! Stop by with the whole family for races, live music, a parade, raffles, and MORE FUN. Plus, explore Easton Town Center right after.
Get Involved & Join The Fun:
History & Impact:
Since 2016, our race to restore hope and homes has hosted HUNDREDS of competitors. Teams from across central Ohio join our world-cup-style event to compete for Bed Race Champion (and Best Dressed!) - all in hopes of funding furnished homes for local families in need!
Since 2016, the Bed Race has seen…
- 500+ racers & supporters
- $150,000+ raised to help families
- 600+ homes of hope restored
About Sauder Woodworking:
Supporting the Bed Race as the presenting sponsor since 2017, Sauder Woodworking has immense and intentional care for central Ohio’s families and children in need.
Sauder Woodworking Co. is North America’s leading producer of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture and one of the top five residential furniture manufacturers in the United States. An authentic American original, 80 percent of Sauder® furniture is manufactured in Archbold, Ohio — right where they were founded in 1934. Although the town is small (pop. 4,300), their facility is expansive. With some of the most technologically advanced equipment in the world, the facility features nearly 4 million square feet of space, employs about 2,000 workers and houses a wide variety of local and imported materials. Sauder also sources furniture from a network of quality global partners.
Learn more or shop by visiting their website!